Welcome to year 5
Invitation to LIVE Online Safety Assembly with Google and Parent Zone.
You are all invited!
Details and link to the stream for pupils :
- Thursday 16th July
- 30-45 minutes
- YouTube link for pupils (with chat disabled): https://youtu.be/YFXVrkoEI6E
The pupil link is marked as ‘Made for Kids’ so chat will be automatically disabled. You won’t need to create an account or download any additional software.
Watch out for Shout outs! Will your name be mentioned?
Learning from Home
We hope that you and your families are keeping safe.
At present, you are unable to attend school but education is still very important. It is the key to gaining the knowledge and skills that you need for the best opportunity of success in life. So, complete your Homework. Concentrate on completing one task at a time. Date your work and bring it in when school resumes.
NEW : Art competition! Prizes for the best 3 completed and brought to school in September! Click the link below:
To further assist your learning:
- Read each day for at least half an hour. This can be done in one session or broken down into two shorter 15-minute sessions.
- Use Bug Club - you have been given your login details.
- Play on TTRockstars for between half an hour to an hour a day – you have been given your login details.
visit the Oak Academy site for online lessons, quizzes and activities
Daily lessons for home schooling from BBC Bitesize covering English, Maths, Science and more.
Blogging is fun, very exciting and can earn you class points. With a blog, everyone has an equal opportunity to share their thoughts and opinions. You can use it in lots of different ways. You can:
· Write about what you have been doing or your interests
· Write a weekly/ daily diary
· Keep a journal about an activity
· Write stories or poems
· Start a debate or discussion
· Leave comments on other people's blog
· Update your profile and avatar
Are you the best blogger of the week?
Coronavirus - A book for children
How do you decide what you believe about COVID?
Online Safety at Home
Mindfulness and keeping active:
Smiling mind (short audio sessions to help with mindfulness)
Cosmic Yoga -YouTube (yoga videos)
We are excited to announce that Year 5 took part in the Primary Engineer Leaders Awards.
The competition challenged pupils to research engineering, interview inspiring engineers and answer the question “If you were an engineer – what would you do?”
This was a fantastic opportunity that engaged our pupils with real engineers who conveyed the importance of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in their daily lives. Pupils were able to let their creativity run free and drew and wrote about how they interpreted the question and came up with inventions and ideas.
We have P.E on Wednesdays. Children are expected to come to school dressed in their kit. We have library every other Tuesday. Come prepared!