Welcome to Reception,
All the children are settling in really well!
We are so happy to have you with us. Yes, we all know that things are a little different at the moment but we are all very excited to see what this new year brings us.
There is so much to explore both in class and in our outdoor environment. We will be embarking on many learning experiences that are jam packed with fun and full of adventure.
We are currently ensuring that children feel safe and happy and have an enjoyable school learning environment. As well as getting used to our reward system of 'Stay on Green', where children can gain rewards for positive behaviour.
Special dates for your diary
- w/b 5th October PE lessons every Wednesday (children come to school with their winter PE kit on)
- Tuesday 5th January 2021- school is open to key-workers' and vulnerable children only.
Dear parents and carers,
We're excited that your children have a Numbots account!
Numbots has the link on the school website in the remote learning section. If you click on this, you will just need to type in your child's username and password which you can get by phoning our school's office.
Important information about your child's Home Wallet.
This is a brief note to clarify some of the procedures, expectations and requested help in Reception.
- Basic Knowledge Wallet: This wallet contains number cards that will help your child’s learning. It is expected and beneficiary for your child to practice these for 5 minutes of an evening (every night 5 out of 7 nights) so that they can apply them to their maths and learning. Children received their name cards with a white board pen (not replaceable) to practise their name recognition and name writing at home.
- Phonics: During our phonics lessons we have cover all letters/sounds of the alphabet (refer to the sound card in your child's wallet). Please can you practise these sound with your children at home using Jolly Phonics from YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74kIrFdOaPw) and letters and sounds from http://www.letters-and-sounds.com/phase-2-games.html.
High Frequency Words learnt so far:
here to was he she at a as is you on my it said look
an if in of
- Guided Reading Book and Reading Journal: Children will read in a small group in class once per week and as a whole class on a daily basis. It is expected (and aids their reading) if you read at least x 3 times per week with your child. Please sign the green reading journal to show that you have read with your child (we are always interested in you writing down any other book titles / comments about reading in the journal too). Books are taken in on Fridays and new books are issued on Mondays.
- Bug Club: Children have an additional resource that the school buys into called Bug Club, which is for use at home. Bug Club is an online reading library geared to the level of book your child is currently reading at. Questions are linked to each book that children answer as they read (click on the bugs in the book). The children need to log in at home at www.activelearnprimary.co.uk with their user name and password and the school code t6j3. Each child’s user name and log in are at the front of their reading journals. Children have been practising to use online books as a whole class and cannot wait to use their own books at home.
- Home Wallet – Please ensure that your child has their home wallet with them every day with the basic knowledge and their guided reading books and journal inside. In addition, it is vital that you check (and clear) their wallets of letters daily, this allows us to know that messages have reached home.
- Google classroom is accessible on any device (detailed instructions of use are on the school's main page). Individual log in details are on the front page of your child's reading record book. Class teacher adds assignments for Literacy, Maths and Understanding of the World on a weekly basis. We encourage parents to support their children's learning online and to comment on their work in a comment box for each task. If your child does not an access to internet, please let us know.
- Additional online learning is available through following websites
- School Day – the school day is 8.50 – 3pm. It is vital that children attend school on time as we spend registration practicing basic knowledge which sets us up for a day of play and learning.
As always, thank you for your understanding and help. If you have any queries then please drop us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Timetable MON-FRI 8.50 am - 3 pm
Your child will be given a School Hot dinner unless own Packed Lunch is provided.
W/B 2 November 2020 is WEEK 2.
Please ensure that your child brings a labelled water bottle to school and their Home wallet.
Your reception team