Welcome back to Reception,
All the children are settling in really well!
We are so happy to have children back in Reception. Yes, we all know that things are a little different at the moment but we are all very excited to see what this new year brings us.
There is so much to explore both in class and in our outdoor environment. We will be embarking on many learning experiences that are jam packed with fun and full of adventure.
We are currently ensuring that children feel safe and happy and have an enjoyable school learning environment. As well as getting used to our reward system of 'Stay on Green', where children can gain rewards for positive behaviour.
Children will be catching up with learning opportunities and challenges to make sure that they are ready for Summer term 1.
Special dates for your diary
- Friday, 19 March- Red Nose Day
- Tuesday 23 March- Special Easter lunch
- Thursday 1 April -last day of Winter term 2
Important information about your child's Home Wallet.
This is a brief note to clarify some of the procedures, expectations and requested help in Reception.
- Basic Knowledge Wallet: This wallet contains number cards that will help your child’s learning. It is expected and beneficiary for your child to practice these for 5 minutes of an evening (every night 5 out of 7 nights) so that they can apply them to their maths and learning. Children received their name cards with a white board pen (not replaceable) to practise their name recognition and name writing at home.
- Phonics: During our phonics lessons we have cover all letters/sounds of the alphabet (refer to the sound card in your child's wallet). Please can you practise these sound with your children at home using Jolly Phonics from YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74kIrFdOaPw) and letters and sounds from http://www.letters-and-sounds.com/phase-2-games.html.
- We will be updating children's wallets with HFW ready for the half term holidays.
- Reading Book and Reading Journal: children can and must use their Bug Club and MyOn accounts to practise their reading skils. No hard book copies will be issued at the moment.
- Bug Club: Children have an additional resource that the school buys into called Bug Club, which is for use at home. Bug Club is an online reading library geared to the level of book your child is currently reading at. Questions are linked to each book that children answer as they read (click on the bugs in the book). The children need to log in at home at www.activelearnprimary.co.uk with their user name and password and the school code t6j3. Each child’s user name and log in are at the front of their reading journals. Children have been practising to use online books as a whole class and should continue to do so at home.
- MyOn: all children were given their login details to access this learning site. This site provides a range of books children can choose from to their preference.
- Numbots: this learning platform supports children's number development and is designed as a game that children enjoy playing reaching higher levels each time they play. All Reception children were given their own login details, but if they were misplaced- let us know and we will pass your child's logins to you.
- Home Wallet – Please ensure that your child has their home wallet with them every day with the basic knowledge and their guided reading books and journal inside. In addition, it is vital that you check (and clear) their wallets of letters daily, this allows us to know that messages have reached home.
- Google classroom is accessible on any device (detailed instructions of use are on the school's main page). Individual log in details are on the front page of your child's reading record book. Class teacher adds homework for one of the subjects (Literacy, Phonics, Maths or Understanding of the World) on a weekly basis. We encourage parents to support their children's learning online and to comment on their work in a comment box for each task. If your child does not an access to internet, please let us know. Some children are given a paper copy to be completed and returned the following week to the class teacher.
- Additional online learning is available through following websites
- School Day – the school day is 8.50 – 3pm. It is vital that children attend school on time as we spend registration practicing basic knowledge which sets us up for a day of play and learning.
As always, thank you for your understanding and help. If you have any queries then please drop us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Timetable MON-FRI 8.50 am - 3 pm
Your child will be given a School Hot dinner unless own Packed Lunch is provided.
Week beginning 22nd march 2021 is WEEK 2 of the menu.
Please ensure that your child brings a labelled water bottle to school and their Home wallet.
Your reception team