English text: Ottoline and the Yellow Cat
Every child has been given the book Ottoline and the Yellow Cat to read on Bug Club.
There is a lot of work based around this book as it would have been a text we would study in depth at school. It would be very useful to have a discussion with your child about the book after each chapter to ensure they fully understand what is happening in order to complete the tasks.
Please follow these instructions.
- Complete the Book Cover task before reading it.
- Read Chapter 1. (If the text is difficult to understand then feel free to read it with them.)
- Complete the tasks: Ottoline’s Collection, Diary Entry, Overheard Story 1, Overheard Story 2 and Comprehension Chapter 1.
- Read Chapter 2.
- Complete the tasks: Ottoline’s Disguise and Comprehension Chapter 2.
- Read Chapter 3.
- Complete the tasks: Sentence Starters, Postcard and Comprehension Chapter 3.
- Read Chapter 4.
- Complete the tasks: Character Profile, Mr. Munroe Goes Missing and Comprehension Chapter 4.
After this, the rest of the book can be read.
Work for all children: