Welcome to Year 3!
In year 3, over the last six weeks, we have been following a History unit of work that focuses on the Stone Age. We have enjoyed learning about how our great ancestors lived and evolved over time.
Over the next 3 weeks, year 3 will be following a Geography unit of work that focuses on islands. We will be working on our map skills to find islands across the globe.
In Geography, we’ll be finding out:
- About different islands we know about
- Learning about new islands and comparing with existing knowledge
- About where different islands are located in the world and finding them on maps
- About the geographical features on different islands
- About the features of a river
- How to use a compass and map
- How to use 4 figure grid references
- About how different islands are formed
- About an island in detail
Year 3 have P.E on Thursday.
3S' library day is Tuesday and 3H's library day is Friday.
Homework is handed out on a Friday and must be returned the following Friday.