At Leys Primary, we deliver French lessons fortnightly using the Catherine Cheater scheme of work along with online resources, text books and interactive CDs and DVDs. Over the course of their four years in Key Stage 2, children will be expected to make good progress in the main language chosen, learning to ask and answer questions, present ideas to an audience both in speaking and writing, read a range of words, phrases and sentences, and write simple phrases, sentences and descriptions in lie with the National Curriculum. In later years, children will also learn about the appropriate intonation and pronunciation of the language.
We aim to contextualise learning by:
- listening to, joining in, responding and engaging in conversations using familiar vocabulary and phrases.
- describing people, places things and actions orally
- exploring the patterns of sounds of language
- listening to and appreciating stories, songs, poems and rhymes
- learning through use ICT, translating apps/websites etc
Please click the links below to see what knowledge, skills and understanding are covered in each unit.